According to Research and Markets, market-trend-based strategies for the fibre and yarn sector include the development of biodegradable and sustainable materials, and the investment in sustainable manufacturing technology. Consequently, the fair will showcase a wide spectrum of environmentally-friendly technology and raw materials to various end-user industries, from both domestic and international exhibitors.
International exhibitors include:
- Rieter Machine Works Ltd (Switzerland): Rieter is the world’s leading supplier of systems for short-staple fibre spinning. The company develops and manufactures machinery, systems, and components used to convert natural and man-made fibres into yarns. Their machines have long life-cycles and make efficient use of raw materials, thereby reducing wastage and increasing sustainability.
- The Movement China Ltd (Netherlands): with offices in Amsterdam and Shanghai, The Movement offers innovative sustainable technology solutions to the textile industry. In addition to Aware™, its unique technological system of sustainability verification, The Movement showcases its Polylana® fibre, which is a low-impact alternative to traditional fibres. It is 100% traceable and 100% recyclable.
Domestic exhibitors include:
- Orient International (Holding) Co Ltd: the textile industry value chain is well-represented in Orient’s offerings, with this company showcasing everything from fibres and yarns, to fabrics and ready-to-wear garments. With an emphasis on recyclability and biodegradability, their fibre products include functional and differentiated new polyester staple fibres, ultra-fine antibacterial and other speciality acrylic fibres, antibacterial and anti-mite fibres, as well as fibres with intelligent temperature regulation.
- Jiangsu Zhongyuan Industrial Group Co Ltd: made from 100% post-consumer PET bottles, this company will showcase its Recoyarns® series, a quality variety of recycled PET chips and polyester fibres and yarns. Using less water and energy than traditional fibre production, Jiangsu Zhongyuan’s recycling process also emits less CO2.
- Jiangsu Yueda Spinning Co Ltd: five quality product types will be featured by this company. On show will be recycled environmental yarn, green cotton yarn, vortex cotton yarn, characteristic spinning yarn, and functional yarn. Some new additions to their functional yarn sub-category include PLA, Naia, and degradable polyester yarn.
- Fujian Cyclone Technology Co Ltd: this company produces sustainable yarns that have a multitude of uses, in a wide variety of applicable fields, such as sports, fashion, home, technology, automotive, industrial, military, and outdoor. Products include recycled polyester filament yarn, recycled polyester colour yarn, recycled composite yarn, and recycled functional yarn.
Yarn Expo’s E-Source platform: virtual connection without limitations
On top of the physical fair, the 2022 edition will see the return of E-Source, the fair’s virtual business matching platform. Industry leaders who are unable to travel to Shanghai can enjoy some of the connectivity experienced by physical fairgoers. Buyers can sort their target suppliers with specific sourcing criteria, and receive AI-driven matching recommendations. As well as connecting virtual participants, E-Source enables real-time online interactions, allowing exhibitors and buyers to connect during and after the three-day event.
Yarn Expo 2021 successfully welcomed 429 exhibitors from seven countries and regions, as well as over 13,000 decision makers conducting in-person sourcing. Following last year’s success, the 2022 fair will again be held concurrently with Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabric – Autumn Edition, CHIC, and PH Value. By covering the entire textile supply chain, these fairs create the synergy needed to drive the industry forward.
Yarn Expo Autumn is organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd and the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT. For more details, please visit: www.yarn-expo-autumn.com.
To find out more about all Messe Frankfurt textile fairs worldwide, please visit: www.texpertise-network.com.
 “Yarn, Fiber And Thread Global Market Opportunities And Strategies To 2030: COVID-19 Impact And Recovery”, 22 February, Research and Markets, https://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/5553875/yarn-fiber-and-thread-global-market#src-pos-1, (Retrieved: 14 June 2022)
Download this press release
Further press information & picture material
Information from the international textiles sector and Messe Frankfurt’s textiles fairs worldwide can be found at: www.texpertise-network.com.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
The Messe Frankfurt Group is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. The Group employs approximately 2,300* people at its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main and in 30 subsidiaries around the world. In 2021, the company had to contend with the challenges posed by the pandemic for the second consecutive year. Annual sales will be approximately €140* million after having been as high as €736 million in 2019 before the pandemic. Even in difficult times caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we are globally networked with our industry sectors. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are expanding our digital expertise with new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com.hk
* Preliminary figures for 2021