Picking up the baton from March’s Spring Edition, the 2017 Autumn Edition of Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics, the most influential industry trade event of the year, is on track to exceed last year’s sourcing options, with around 80% of the available exhibition space already booked. Over the fair’s 22-year transformation into one of the most international and industry-leading events, it has steadily become a place where the worlds of fashion and innovation converge, and the 2017 edition, held from 11 – 13 October, will be no exception.
“The whole industry knows Intertextile as a fair where you can find everything you’re looking for given its size and product range, but look a little closer and it’s clear that the fair has become much more than that in recent years,” Ms Wendy Wen, Senior General Manager of Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd explained. “It is also a hub for the latest fashion, particularly the trendy options available in the Japan Pavilion, the cutting-edge patterns in Verve for Design, as well as the new Chinese talents beginning to emerge, to name just a few. Being in the heart of Asia, the fair is also a focal point for fabric innovations, best evidenced in the Korea & Taiwan Pavilions, Functional Lab and Group Pavilions, as well as increasingly from Chinese exhibitors also.”
Preview the international highlights
In addition to the ongoing improvements to the venue’s services over the last few editions, this year the hall layout will make it even easier to navigate around the fairground. All international exhibitors will be located on level 2 including in the International Halls (5.2 & 6.2), Beyond Denim (hall 7.2) and Accessories Vision (hall 4.2) – the latter two shared with domestic exhibitors. The International Halls will host overseas exhibitors covering a diverse selection of quality products from around the globe, and include various pavilions and product zones to streamline buyers’ sourcing experiences. Some international highlights include:
- SalonEurope: Italy’s Milano Unica Pavilion, France Pavilion, Germany Pavilion and numerous exhibitors from Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, the UK and elsewhere will gather an impressive range of premium European-made fabrics and accessories
- Asian Pavilions: pavilions from Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Thailand will expand the sourcing options on offer
- Group Pavilions: industry leaders and organisations including DuPont, Hyosung, INVISTA, Korea Textile Trade Association (KTTA), Lenzing and OEKO-TEX will organise pavilions to feature their worldwide partner mills and members
- Six product zones: to accommodate current market demands, All About Sustainability, Functional Lab, Premium Wool Zone and Verve for Design in hall 6.2, Accessories Vision (hall 4.2) and Beyond Denim (hall 7.2) will gather the foremost suppliers from those product sectors
Meanwhile, apart from denim, accessories and one of the two ladieswear fabrics halls on level 2, all domestic exhibitors can be found on level 1, and will be categorised by product end-use such as casual wear, functional and sportswear, ladieswear, lingerie and swimwear, shirting as well as suiting.
Stand out from the crowd with the renowned fringe programme
Intertextile’s well-attended fringe programme is the ideal way to ensure exhibitors can stand out from their competitors, both before and during the fair. This comprehensive programme includes:
- Intertextile Directions Trend Forum: envisioned by top trend forecasters from France, Italy, Japan and the US, this popular forum will reveal the Autumn / Winter 2018-19 international trends through exhibitors’ products
- Fabrics China Trend Forums: focusing on the China market, various forums will explain the upcoming trends in different consumer markets
- Seminars & panel discussions: worldwide industry associations, leading experts from different fields and trendsetters, including many exhibitors themselves, will share and discuss the latest trends as well as the hottest industry topics
- Product presentations: a valuable platform for exhibitors to present their latest products and innovations
- Innotex-Space: a display zone for innovative textile applications and technologies
- China International Fabrics Design & Fabrics Creation Competition: one of the most authoritative competitions in the Chinese textile market, it recognises the design talents and innovators in the local market
As well as Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics, three other textile fairs are also held concurrently at the National Exhibition and Convention Center: Yarn Expo Autumn (hall 5.1), CHIC (halls 2 & 3) and PH Value (hall 3).
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition 2017 is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Textile Information Centre. For more details on this fair, please visit: www.intertextileapparel.com. To find out more about all Messe Frankfurt textile fairs worldwide, please visit: http://texpertise-network.messefrankfurt.com.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With some 2,400 employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of over €640 million. Thanks to its far reaching ties with the relevant sectors and to its international sales network, the Group looks after the business interests of its customers effectively. A comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services.
With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
 Shenzhen Garment Industry Association